.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Trucker's Journal

I've been a trucker since November, 2004. Before that I was an accountant for many years. I'm having fun and actually making more than I did before. Go figure....

Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Rules for four-wheelers

I've been paying attention to how "four-wheelers" drive in relation to the "big trucks", those with long trailers and many more than four wheels on the pavement. I will readily admit that before I started driving a truck for a living, I thought little about it. Now, even if I never drive a truck again, I will pay the utmost attention and give every possible break and courtesy to them when I'm a four-wheeler.

In the days/weeks/months ahead, I'm going to write several pieces about how the world looks from the elevated seat in front of 75 feet of moving vehicle. I will pay particular attention to items such as clearance, visibility, turning, lane changing, construction zones, entrance/exit ramps, starting and stopping, merging, and others as they occur to me.

I hope you as a four-wheeler will learn something which will enable you to realize the difficulty the big riggers have fitting in with their smaller cousins on the road. As always, comments will be welcomed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trucker Dude said...

I suspect that your name is really an alias :)

I've been really busy lately, for instance, last week was from Sunday 2pm until Friday 6pm away from home, and I do things when I'm at home other than just monitoring websites and email, but this jogs me into writing a short episode. Thanks for the reminder.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home