.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Trucker's Journal

I've been a trucker since November, 2004. Before that I was an accountant for many years. I'm having fun and actually making more than I did before. Go figure....

Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, June 18, 2005


This is not a great photo, but I'll share anyway. You can see dead bugs and wiper smears, but the man with the hard hat is standing on the first car of a train at a steel foundry where I had to deliver a load. The strap across his shoulder holds a small box which is a remote control for the locomotive behind him. I watched him push a button and the horn blew, then he moved a joystick and the train started. There are times I wish I could sit at home and run this truck by remote control, but that system isn't available...yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home