.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Trucker's Journal

I've been a trucker since November, 2004. Before that I was an accountant for many years. I'm having fun and actually making more than I did before. Go figure....

Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Jesus jes' ain't gonna like it!

The counter with stools is present in almost every truck stop in the country with a sit-down restaurant. It sticks out like a peninsula into the tables and booths, and attracts those who wish to talk to others while they eat. I generally sit in a booth or at a table since I'm almost always reading a book or a magazine while I eat, but I'm sometimes close enough that I can overhear the conversations with ease.

One day last week I overheard an older man expounding on the good things happening in our country since George W. Bush became our beloved leader almost six years ago. He was generally delivering a monologue, but every once in a while, someone else at the counter would interject with a quick "That's right" or something of that sort. I was intrigued with what he was saying even though I agreed with none of it. If you've read the previous posts here, you know that I'm a liberal and a Democrat and have little use for Bush or his cadre of liars and thieves. This man got on a minimum wage roll, telling how it should not be raised and that anyone in the country could get rich if he or she really wanted it and tried. He said the poor were poor only because they were lazy or stupid. He then very loudly proclaimed, "And I say piss on the poor!"

Everyone listening was silent at that pronoucement until a younger (30 or so?) black man across from him asked if he was a religious man. The older (60 or more?) man spouting politics said, "Yes, I'm a Christian." The black man then said loudly, "No, you ain't no Christian. Jesus said in Matthew 25:40 'Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.' So, when you say 'Piss on the poor,' you're really sayin' 'Piss on Jesus.' I think Jesus jes' ain't gonna like it!"

The older gentleman wiped his mouth, picked up his ticket, and walked off toward the cashier without speaking another word. I just sat there and grinned at my newest friend, the truck driving Bible scholar :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw the title, I just had to bite! It's been awhile since I've read any of your blogs (which I enjoy generally (except for the political ones!)). Which leads me to tell you that while you're out there making a living driving, yours truly almost loaded up your front yard with Republican party signs from the most recent elections! I thought it would be funny...but then I remembered the "Do unto others..." part of my bible and KNEW I wouldn't want any danged Democratic signs in my front yard! So there you have it neighbor! And for a small fee to any interested parties I can give this bloggers address out! LOL
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jan, for the thought anyway :) When I saw the signs in your front yard, I had the thought to just go pull them up and put them in the trash but I too thought the same thing as you and didn't do it. I personally think God is above politics, but others don't share that thought with me.

As for the email address being real, the one shown for the blog is real, and if anyone writes me there, I generally write back from one of my other addresses which is "more real" in that I read it more often. This one gets checked about one time a week if I remember it.

truckerdude

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Proverbs 5:21
21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings. God bless

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Trucker Dude! Just read a couple posts - love it. I'll be hangin' around for sure!!

9:00 AM  
Blogger LilBambi said...

Thumbsup to that black man! He knows what it's all about.

That other blowhard hasn't got a clue what it's like for the 'majority' of people in the world, much less what it's like for the 'majority' of his fellow "American Citizens." What an ignoramous (good word usage? ;) )

I really have zero tolerance for people who claim to be a Christian and have absolutely no clue as to what being a Christian really means or what Jesus had to say.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home