.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Trucker's Journal

I've been a trucker since November, 2004. Before that I was an accountant for many years. I'm having fun and actually making more than I did before. Go figure....

Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Something political for a change of pace

I was fueling my truck a few months ago and was parked at the pump next to a diesel Ford E-350 van which had been armored and had the "Wells Fargo" or "Brinks" or "Loomis" logo on it--I forget which one, but it was a large national chain. Out of the blue, with no previous conversation between us, the driver (with a pistol clearly on his belt) asked me: "What do you think about that a$$hole Bush?"

I was taken aback. I'm *not* a Bush fan at all, but he didn't know that. I said rather noncommittally, "Lots of people don't like him."

He proceeded to shock me again. "A few weeks ago I was on a side street, first at the intersection waiting for the light to change, when the police stopped all movement to allow Bush's motorcade to pass by. I was less than 30 feet from that SOB and had my hand on my pistol."

I replied, "And???"

He says, "There were two layers of bulletproof glass between us. But I sure wanted to pop him in the head."

This guy obviously is going to get in trouble for what he says someday. He didn't know if I was the country's number one Republican or a retired Secret Service agent. I'm neither, FYI.

As much as I'd like to see Bush and the entire criminal gang in charge gone, that's not the way to do it. We have an election coming up in the USA this fall in which the entire House and 1/3 of the Senate is up before the voters. Start thinking now about how you will vote. You will go vote, won't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home